Monday, March 24, 2008

Good-Bye

Today was a sad day. Grandma and Grandpa left for Michigan this morning. The girls were oblivious of the fact that they were leaving for good, but I wasn't, and it was heartbreaking. I will miss them both and I will especially miss my Mom being here with us. It has become a way of life here and it is going to be a big adjustment not having her here or at least within a three hour driving distance! (ie Portland) Most of you know already that I wish she was staying in Portland, but I respect her decision to return to her own life on Muskegon, MI. We will be seeing her this summer for our family reunion and also for the girls birthday in August. It just seems like so far away right now. The girls will be so much bigger and talking more. Crazy to think she will miss all that she has been around to witness thus far. We can't wait to see her again...and it can't come soon enough! We love you Grandma...thank you for all that you have done and sacrificed for us. Miss you already!

On a lighter note, Sydney and Kendall have both become pretty good impersonators of their Grandpa since he has been here the last two weeks. Most of you probably don't know that my Dad frequently sighs when he is worried (which is pretty frequently), or stressed, or relaxing (ironic...I know). He also crosses his arms frequently too, often times the same time that he is sighing. So, both girls picked up on this and started to imitate Grandpa by folding their arms across their belly's and sighing. NO JOKE! They both did this uncoaxed, and we were all amused by it. When Grandma and Grandpa were getting ready to leave today, we took some pictures and Sydney decided to give us one last impersonation of her Grandpa before he left. I wish I had gotten this on video, but the picture above says it all. We all lost it and she seemed to enjoy getting all the attention as well. We will miss Grandpa and all his sighing! Come and visit soon...we love and miss you too!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Rosemaire,
My heart has been breaking for you this whole week. Seeing the pictures today, I just cried. You are a wonderful person. From all of the Sandy Family, thank you, thank you for everything you have done for Brandon, Jamie and the girls. I know that you would not have done it any other way! You have a special place in all of our hearts.
Let's meet in Toledo sometime and talk about our babies!
AlL our love
Terry and Fred

Jessica Jordan said...

I hope you guys are doing ok without Grandma there everyday. Jamie, your mom is SUCH an amazing woman for all that she has done for your family while you were in school. Rosemarie, I am so glad that I got a chance to spend time with you the last couple of years, you are so fun to be around and such a great mom/grandma. We will all miss you. Jessica