Wednesday, June 4, 2008

History




As most of you know, Obama won the Democratic nomination yesterday and made history!
Here is Sydney weighing in on the historic night!

ps...this one is especially for you Grandpa Kendall! Truce??
Addendum: Oh, and in case you didn't know...OBAMA is really spelled A-H-I-M-A...well, according to Sydney. And truthfully, not too bad for a not-quite two year old. Her identifying the letters of his name in front of him during his speech last night was totally spontaneous and was the first time I had heard this myself. Pretty amazing. As you can hear her say, "A...apple"
They know almost all the letters of the alphabet!
Here are the letters I think she was tryng to identify, but in a fast forward fashion...
b-A-r-A-c-k o-b-a-M-A
And here is where I think she got confused. Yes...the first word that both girls can spell is
O-H-I-O (much to the dismay of some of my family members) So, as she made her way through Obama's last name, clearly the "O" through her off and she followed suit into her O-H-I-O spelling, only to recover graciously towards the end of his name with - "M-A"
How poetic!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! GO OBAMA!!

Anonymous said...

they are sooo cute, i can't wait until the girls come home!!! ♥josi