Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Angel's Rest





This weekend, Brandon came down to visit us and on Memorial Day we took the girls hiking up Angels Rest. This is their longest hike to date (4.5 miles round trip) and they were fabulous the entire time! It turned out to be a beautiful day and the hike was busy with lots of holiday hikers like ourselves. It took us about an hour and a half to get to the top and the views were amazing. On the way down, we noticed a helicopter flying above us. At first, we thought that they were there trying to get an arial view of 84 traffic. It stayed there the whole way down however, so we started to think something was wrong. Last few minutes of the hike we passed search and rescue. Turns out a hiker got lost somewhere and had called 911. When we got to the parking lot, it had been block off by search and resuce. All the news stations were there. While we were putting our things in the truck, a reporter came over and started talking with us. She asked Brandon if he wouldn't mind talking with her for a minute. So...Brandon made the late night news! My mom saw him on KATU. Unfortunately I missed it as I was busy finishing a group project at Natalie's. Oh well though...I was there when it was live! So...that sums up our holiday hike. Here are some photos of us and the girls...ENJOY

(we had someone say "GO BLUE" to us on our way up...note Brandons Tshirt!)



KENDALL ROSE








SYDNEY LEE









UP ON TOP



















2 comments:

Creo said...

I can't believe they were OK during the hike. I bet I complained more on my hike with Brandon than they did. Now who is the baby in the family? Oh...and I have seen seven people in Europe with Michigan shirts and no shirts of any other University in America. When someone told me that Michigan makes the most money of any University off of merchandise they weren't kidding. I stop every person to ask about their shirt, and only one out of the seven had even heard of the shirt. Most got it as a gift. Nonetheless, the girls are beautiful, and it is nice to see Brandon wearing a Michigan shirt.

Anonymous said...

Make no mistake, I only were the shirt because it fits. (I think I also got it as a gift)

BC